Wednesday, May 15, 2024

audio bits and pieces

 As I mentioned a couple posts back, his past weekend's creative exploits included recording audio for a few more older poems. This time, I decided to take another walk back through THE FEVER ALMANAC, my first book child and perhaps one of the hardest ones to corral into what it wound up being (let alone the submitting and querying that actually got the book into the world. ) These poems always feel like poems written in the infancy of of my publishing career, some of them stemming back to 2002 or 2003 when I was just starting to place poems in online journals and do readings in the city. Some poems, I remember the first time I read them at some open mic, or the kind words of an editor who accepted and published them. Some, I have read so many times that I could recite them by memory (this is definitely not true of work from later or now.)