Wednesday, May 22, 2024

a beautiful monstrosity

 


Working with AI prompts has been interesting the past few months. Tweaking the variety and tenor of images and what you actually want from them has been a learning curve. I realized a couple weeks back when I was generating a series of carnivalesque dioramas that I had perfectly somehow recreated (or actually more credit goes to the bots) the spider lady from our 2018 Beautiful Monstrosities series at the library. A sort of simple bit of graphics manipulation then when I photoshopped a vintage clip art head on a spider illustration, but a fully fleshed character now with even the same hair and eyes. People talk about the algorithms of AI generators pulling from existing work and images, but I doubt my basic pared down image spawned this, so I am guessing its just a serendipitous bit of chance, but I love her so much. I will be posting the results of the all along the ballyhoo series this week on IG  (you can also see some in yesterday's post.)  They do not currently have a textual component, but I am working on some early  poems to go with another similar project that is photographs rather than dioramas, so stay tuned for that..And of course, you never know, the perfect slew of text pieces may just be inspired by these odd little dioramas yet...