Tuesday, March 31, 2020

waiting and writing....



In this world, it's hard to keep track of days.  I kept thinking Saturday was Sunday all day, now I have no idea without the usual markers of time. The library hours, the commutes, the daily tasks.  It looks like we are in for another month, maybe longer, but it's heartening to see that all of this seems to be working a bit in places like California where the lockdown went into effect earlier than ours.   So we wait...

With more meetings happening and more things firming up, it does give the day a little more structure.  If anything, I feel a little more well-rested, getting plenty of sleep and being a little more leisurely in my wake up time even than before, and still start my work day around the same time as my normal shift in the early afternoon.   That leaves an earlier part of the day theoretically for writing, then the evenings for press-doings, with library stuff in between.

It does not escape me that NAPOWRIMO starts tomorrow, and you would think that this would be a better time than ever to do it.  Last year was a wash out mid month, but I succeeded in going all of April 2018 without faltering, so we'll see.   I have the time, but I'm not sure I have the focus necessary to sustain it.  If I do, I will find a way to post stuff in this space and social media daily..not sure which project I want to work on, so wherever the wind takes me I suppose. I'd like to finish April with rough versions of the dark country and animal, vegetable. monster manuscripts in the bag, whatever I plan to do with them eventually or whether I start sending them out.  The more I can accomplish during this month, the more I will be free of them once things go back to normal.




No comments: