Friday, May 24, 2019

notes & things | 5/24/2019



Tonight, I am off to Rockford for a few days, and am hoping for some nice weather and outside lounging opportunities during the long weekend.  We've had alternately chilly and mild temps, but it still barely feels like spring, even though nature seems to have decided to do it's thing now or never--everything blooming and flowering, even if I'm still reaching for a jacket most days (and a couple days ago, a full-on coat.)  It's hard to believe we are officially kicking off summer when we've barely had a spring.

I'm taking home the hunger palace, the whole of  which has a shot at publication with a few  editor-suggested edits, so I'll be spending some time with it out in the sunshine working at that. This week, I dialed back some other things to  get caught up on e-mails and such that had been running rampant while I dealt with other more pressing thins like finishing out the semester, zine fest, and a couple larger book orders. It's always rough when my schedule changes--to adapt to evenings in the studio instead of mornings, to always be hungry at the wrong times of day. 

I was rooting through my sketchbook and found a list of goals and objectives for spring 2019, and while I managed to get a couple things accomplished  (submitted the FEED manuscript, for example, and a couple library writing things) there is much more that I did not manage, so I created a new list for summer and we'll see how much I can get to before fall rolls around, which, given these things, will be here before we know it.

No comments: