Friday, March 29, 2019

writing and art bits | march edition



* A few weeks ago, I was able to get ordinary planet assembled and up for sale in the shop, which is the second zine project for this year in the subscription series. You can also get your hands on single copies, here)  This is my strange little dystopian landscape series about a post-disaster world filled with victorian seances and strangerie and it's terribly fun, if not a little dark in tone.

* Past dgp-er Cristina Querrer was nice enough to interview me for her podcast series, Your Artsy Girl, a few weeks back, wherein we talk about the press and creative inspirations, including the genesis of the press' name and the origins of my science of impossible objects series.

*As I mentioned in the last post, I'm currently working on the install of necessary violence, the Slender Man stabbing series, for the STRANGE FEVERS exhibit (see above for a bit of photo manipulation on my sister's part.)  I will also be reading some of the pieces during our Artists & Scholars Colloquium event on April 13th and hosting a roundtable discussion about Spooky Little Girls.

*watch this space next week when I'll be posting daily drafts in honor of NAPOWRIMO (at least at first from my [licorice, laudanum] series. They will only stay up for a day or so and then be taken down for necessary adjustments.

*I have a couple pieces coming up in Radar next month, including some audio action, in which my voice always sounds so very weird. They are some of the fragments of exquisite damage alongside some of the collages I've been working on, so stay tuned for a link to that when the issue drops...


No comments: