Friday, August 17, 2018

notes & things | 8/17/2018



It's a two blog entry sort of day, mostly because I am playing hooky from library in-service, partially because the knee I keep injuring/re-injuring would not play well with a couple of different library tours, and partially becuase this may be the last day I can take off til the holidays.  Still I spent it getting groceries delivered, hanging out with the cats, proofing some dgp & collab projects, reading through drafts of my own work, and writing a couple different things for the blog.   I also dug through some old files and found all sorts of gems, including sonnets I'd forgotten about and a cento culled from the diaries of Virginia Woolf (the latter good enough that I wonder if I should pick it back up.)  I have another day tomorrow to work on poem stuffs and then the Danny's reading on Sunday.

Some noisy impromptu 4 am karaoke by downstairs Loyola neighbors started my week off tired and it never seemed to lift, so I am determined to sleep in as late as I want these next few days. I'm starting to get that fringe of panic as the new semester gets closer.  No matter how much I get done in the summer planning wise (for either reserves or AofR programming there are always ways in which I am unprepared somehow or rushing, which I hate.)  And once we start rolling, it's a downward slope til the holidays and I scarecely have time to catch my breath.

There is so much goodness I hope I have time to, you know, actually enjoy it--Beautiful Monstrosities, printmaking workshops, panel discussions.  Maybe, finally, those library-related writing things I'd like to get done. And outside of work, decisions for next year's dgp slate, the release of little apocalypse, some other little text & image zines, the unusual creatures box project, the mermaid anthology. I'll blink and in the worrying and preparation for things I sometimes miss the enjoyment of them. It's something I really need to find a way to balance...

No comments: