Tuesday, March 31, 2015

sigh...

At some point last week I started an entry on the demands and obstacles real life sets in relation to creative work. (and of course technical issues--blogger maddeningly wouldn't save or publish-- and real life & work interruptions once again got in the way of publishing it..lol..)  But to recap, I won't be able to make it to Minneapolis after all for AWP because of a cluster of pesky things happening behind the scenes that make the trip impossible. I was wavering for a week or so and trying to make it work, but I finally decided it just wasn't happening.  We will have a slew of brand new books in the hands of their authors who will be reading at some rather awesome and amazing events, (books which I will be unveiling from afar online all the early part of next week).  We will also be offering our 3 for $10 bundle w/free shipping which we would have been offering at the bookfair table were we there, so keep an eye out for that.  I hate to miss the readings and miss getting to see all my friends and dgp authors (and meet new ones I've yet to encounter) and will no doubt be pouty and sulllen reading about all the conference escapades, but I'm hoping for lots of good stories.  I am finishing up a variety of press business and author copies this week before my MCMF release Friday evening and heading to Rockford for Easter this weekend.  (which means my parents will be at Quimby's and I probably should not read the really awkward subject poems.)

I've been working on something new the last week or so, not on my projected docket of projects and sort of in avoidance of finishing the strange machine pieces.  At this rate I may never finish the apocalypse book, but I might have the beginnings of something else brewing that is interesting.  I was so excited I sent out a couple of things to a couple journals, though I'll probably be kicking myself down the line for premature submission. (but ahh.the hell with it!)  Otherwise, the weather has been fairer and milder and thought it's supposed to be rather stormy and rainy the next couple of days I am happy to be going tights-less and not getting frostbitten.  I am also aching to pull out the spring/ summer clothes that are languishing in my trunks, even though they will be nigh impossible to wear for another month or so.  I'll be putting the winter coats away for the season though, even if I've only recently warmed to my raspberry Barbie pink lands end one and will kinda/sorta miss the damned thing...

No comments: