Saturday, December 14, 2013

Today, snow and more snow.  I'll admit, it's sort of pretty, but only when I get to stay inside and safely warm and dry and not outside navgating in it.  The early dark, though, is getting to me. 4:30 and nearly completely night out there because of the clouds. As I've mentioned in years past, I never know quite what to do with myself during these hours, especially when I'm home and not working on anything in particular.  It's too early for dinner and movie watching, but too late to feel like I can do anything crafty with the afternoon.

But we've reached the end of another semester, dark or no, and this week will be filled with some goodbye festivities for co-workers, some holiday shopping, last minute press business before I'm gone for a week or so.  Last night's open studio was a success, crazy planning aside, and I'm always amazed at how many people come through (and some actually buy things!!)  We made enough to cover some paper and ink supplies for the AWP stock up I'll be doing come January, and possibly some travel money.  I'm always fretful and nervous and anxious beforehand, but it went swimmingly.

I also got some most excellent writing news last night involving the major characters in minor films mss, which I'll be sharing soon.  So stay tuned..


No comments: