1. The other night I dreamed that my mother was washing dishes in an overflowing sink, but also that she would occasionally shift dimensions or down and just disappear. We were distraught, but also knew that this sort of thing happened occasionally and not to panic. In fact, people in general could just shift dimensions and time at will and no one was really all that concerned. It may have had something to do with my wish for time travel vacations, like say if you wanted to visit Vegas in the brat pack days or Chicago in the 20's..
2. There is a rather lovely awesome review of the shared properties of water and stars up at Heavy Feather Review. I always get this lovely sort of vertigo when I hear people talk about my work as if I'm not in the room (well and I suppose it would be rather different if it were bad things they were saying, but in this case, its favorable.) It almost feels like a real things that is entirely independent of me and my sense of self, like some strange little child that goes gallivanting out there in the world occasionally without me and is actually doing things.
3. There is still some time to get the pre-sale price on girl show, which will also be galivanting out there in the world in a few short weeks. This feels like the little book that took forever to come into being, so I'm definitely feeling both relieved and excited. You can read a little about it here, and see some poems from it here and here.
4. I've been invited to take part in a digital chapbook archive project and have decided to use the apocalypse series of poems as my contribution. I'll have more details as it evolves and am working on the cover and layout as we speak. I've also been thinking of digitizing some other chaps and making them available on my website, maybe archer avenue and errata, the cornell poems, various out-of-print projects. Some of the early stuff in the first three chaps has better versions in the full-length books, but I would like to have errata, which was truncated a bit for in the bird museum, to be available in its entirety. Eventually even havoc and shipwrecks of lake michigan after they've sold out the limited run. I loved how people responded to the JF poems in an e-chap in an immediate way that print doesn't always allow.
4. I am starting to get excited about a reading mid-month, which features some of my very favorite poetry ladies. I don't think gs will be in hand by then, so I might read some other things instead...There might be another one in the works in December, provided I get cracking and finish up the ghost landscapes poems..which is what I should be doing now instead of blogging, but we've reached the Tuesday fall-out point where I do amazing things out of the gate on Monday and get super-lazy before rebounding Weds. Happens every week...