Sunday, July 14, 2013

notes, etc...


1) It's been a spate of beautiful, mildish weather, and despite the glut of tourists downtown, it's really rather lovely. The last couple of days have included a vet visit for one of the gingers, a lackluster movie of which the best part was popcorn and junior mints, some vintage slip dying (mostly for me, my older ones are too big and falling apart.) and some glorious, glorious sleep. Today I'm up for some housecleaning and waiting for grocery delivery but not much else...

2.)  For the past couple of weeks, I've been idly searching for the perfect denim or chambray dress (one with a nice dark wash, a good shape to it, but not so tight I look like a sausage).  I found it in this number, which I've ordered and am excited to get my hands on. In other random fashion thoughts, this black/grey loving urban dweller has also come to a realization that pastels actually look really good with my skin tone (it's the wayward blonde in me) and I've become a little obsessed with really pale yellows.  I also found myself looking longingly at an orange polkadot dress a couple weeks ago (though I didn't buy it yet..)  I am admittedly also obsessed with polkadots, so that may be the draw more than the orange.



3.) Press-wise, there are books just about ready to drop from Nikia Chaney, Molly Sutton Kiefer, Meryl dePasquale, and Lois Marie Harrod and I'm set to complete another round of layouts this week for other July releases. We are amazingly more or less on schedule (more or less). There are also still a couple days left for  the 3/ $10 sale, so get them while you can.

4) Plans are afoot for an August trip deep into Wisconsin to visit my cousin in Tomahawk for a couple days.  Then a longer stay with my parents (who have assured me that the pool I keep getting denied a swim in due to it being freezing everytime I get home since they bought it, should be tolerable at that point.)  The 4th was all to brief, so I desperately need a little bit more vacating...

No comments: