Saturday, September 25, 2010

medieval manuscript drawing

This image caught my interest last night. Looks like the stuff of nightmares, beaten to death and flayed by bunnies. I was looking for antique images of cute woodland animals (foxes, hedgehogs, rabbits, deer) for some new notecards, which should be in the shop soon. Maybe I should use this one.

The weeks seem to be going so fast now that we are moving into fall. I've been library-bound every weekend this month mostly so I can get my required Saturdays out of the way before it gets cold and that 9am Saturday shift is more painful. While I'm looking forward to some work-free weekends the next couple of months, things are still happening. Next weekend I will give a sneak peak of the Arcana project at Myopic Books, then the next weekend is our Chicago Artists Month Open Studios (Friday & Saturday). Later in the month is the awesomeness that is Theatre Bizarre, followed by Halloween weekend, then we're already into November and the craziness begins. I still have a week's vacation I am trying to figure out what to do with and might just use it to get stuff done for the shop before the rush starts.

No comments: