Saturday, February 07, 2009

thaw

Today I woke up early and threw open the windows, (well one window, it's still only 40, but if you'd been in Chicago the last three months this is a freaking big deal). I can hear everything dripping and hopefully all the snow on the ground will be gone by evening. Much good mail last night, including another box of Bird Museums, charms for a custom bracelet I'm working on, and a new bunch of flasks I'm not sure what to do with just yet. The tickle in my throat the last three days, though, has turned into a cough which will hopefully be gone by next weekend. I will be reading three nights in a row for various AWP and non-AWP things, and I'm hoping I can do it without hacking my way through them. I swear I sometimes feel like my body is at war with winter, and usually, it loses.

No comments: