Sunday, February 17, 2008

I am still waiting one more piece in the mail for billet-doux, that will no doubt appear tomorrow. I should be able to get the website up for orders in the morning when I'm in the studio, though, so they should be ready to go mid-week. I'm also starting work on Julia Drescher's Mock Martyrs/ Abound for which I've ordered some delicious charcoal cardstock and will be hand stamped instead of printed....The wicked alice issue is also scheduled to go up tomorrow evening, provided I can finish it before the end of the night...

I was talking yesterday to one of the current MFA students in the midst of finishing up her thesis,and realized how happy I am to not be in school. As much as I complain about how busy I am, it's all things I love and want to do. The question is just setting up a list and plowing through them. When I was in school there was always several things lingering over my head that I didn't want to do--papers, projects, etc, that impeded my enjoyment of all the other things I do enjoy. Always "well, I SHOULD be working on X, Y or Z..." even though I hated doing it. Now, except for work, which is less a thing to do than a place I have to be, my time is pretty much my own...

No comments: