Sunday, February 03, 2008


Mostly this weekend I've been working on new pretty things for the the shop and next week for HandmadeChicago. I recently managed to get my hands on a huge lot of vintage eyewear after some rather viscious ebay bidding, so those will be in the shop this week as I add them--a few I am so tempted to keep for myself even though I only rarely need glasses. I'm also working on a bunch of sea-inspired jewelry pieces (I am so ridiculously in love with aqua quartz) as well as a bunch of velvet chokers I sewed last night whilst watching trashy horror..in this case the rather distubing, not so trashy, The Abandoned.) I also have some cool typewriter key necklaces, but I'll post them when I have better pics (I only have about a two hour window of decent light on days like this and I was losing it..the light that is in the pic, but also maybe my mind.) Alot of work the more I add to the shop--more vintage goodies, more jewelry, but it does a damned good job paying studio rent and keeping me in toner, supplies, and lovely paper products for chaps. Plus it's a helluva lot of fun...and book sales are overwhlmingly good (for poetry anyway)....maybe some day we'll actually turn a profit if I'd stop buying other books..hmmm...

Speaking of books, the Dusie Chap Spectacular is reportedly very close to forthcoming..and I'm still finding stragglers in my mailbox daily which is a treat. Also in my mailbox, the contributions for billet-doux, which are so delectable, you will just die when you see them. I swear...I will post sneak peeks this week I promise...

I am in a weird mood lately, I just want to hide in my apartment for days on end even moreso than usual which is saying alot. Some of it's weather. Winter. Some of it's personal stuff. I am finishing poems for the kissing disease--the book is coming together though there are no sections. (and still not sure if that's a brilliant or awful title for the whole collection..I go back and forth..)

1 comment:

Melissa Crowe said...

I think it's a brilliant title.