Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The "if you don't like the weather wait five minutes rule" for Chicago is certainly in effect today. This morning, I froze in the rain waiting for the bus, but by the time I went to class two hours later, the sun was shining and it was warming up considerably. Tonight more rain, and possibly snow flurries after midnight, which means I'll be freezing on the way home in my mere cardigan (I refuse to pull my winter coat back out of the closet on principle.)

Once again, I am procrastinating on starting my paper for ekphrastic. It's only five pages, so hopefully I can whip something suitable up in the next day or so. At this point, I don't care so much. I have managed to keep up on writing daily poems, so far two for Cornell and one total randomness. In fact they all seem rather random and will no doubt need to molded into some sort of coherence.

In other news I am so in love with my new paper cutter, it borders on disturbing. Spent last night doing some trimming on copies of sugaring amidst oohs and ahhs over the clean, straight edges. It gives me a little more freedom in trim sizes for chaps and the possibility of full-bleed images. Plus, it seems a little safer and less disaster prone than my old guillotine one.

1 comment:

Juliet Blood Pudding said...

'In other news I am so in love with my new paper cutter, it borders on disturbing. '

I love this sentence!

I've almost finished my first napowrimo poem tonight! Maybe if I write two more in the next two hours,I'll be on target--but that's not going to happen. Alas.