Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, though it may, in fact, be a train. I have forged my December to-do list that seems completely insurmountable, but I want to start the new year with a clean slate. For school, there's the narrative paper, which I have a good outline on, but need to actually write the thing. Also, a five page creative project for the same class I need to get to work on, something inspired by what we've read and talked about in the class. (I'm thinking of doing a creative/critical hybrid piece ala Julianna Spahr's Spiderwasp.) Oddly, the thesis is pretty much wrapped up, for the time being. We can bring in newer additions, but it's optional. I'm locked and holding until next semester's one-on-one for now, still not completely sure about my organization. Order-wise I think I'm good as far as what goes first and last, but the middle's still a little murky. And I'm reconsidering sections. I just need some uninterrupted time to hash it out, hopefully over the break. Plus, there's some weaker stuff I'd like to either fix or cut, maybe some new pieces to fill in, flesh it out.

On the editing front, I need to get through the last batch of dgp manuscripts, send out responses and finish laying out the next chap, Parapherna, which I'm aiming for a release date of Dec 20. There's also the winter Wicked Alice issue to get up (it's only like ten poets so it shouldn't be too hard.)

Over the break, there are the poems I need to round up for the Cornell project, and a couple places I need to submit to. Plus, the first couple of next year's chaps to get underway.

I know it will all get done eventually, but looking at it at the moment makes me tired. I think I'll go home and crawl into bed and do nothing.

No comments: