While I'm sort of letting the stuff simmer for girl show as I work out the ordering and what shape I want the thing to take, I've turned my attention back to the defunct (or, now, not so defunct) instabilities project (now including the phobia poems). Am thinking of where I might want to send it, who might publish such an odd little manuscript. I don't think it'd fare well in the contest ring--a little too all over the place in terms of style, even though pretty focused thematically. It's wound up being a sort of amalgamation of errata series pieces, most of the poems from feign, and a few other pieces with a scientific feel, in addition to the phobia ones. Somehow I feel like these pieces need to exist together in some more cohesive way than all these separate little series. I had worked out my ordering pretty well in the spring (when I was still thinking of using it as my thesis mss.), so it's looking fairly good, specially with the phobia poems in there. And it feels a bit like closure on the project, though who knows, the themes have been working their way into the visual stuff lately. Maybe there's no such thing as closure.
Tomorrow, whilst working, I plan on digging seriously into laying out the all-alice issue. I missed my deadline by miles, but it's a giant issue so I'm not all too upset. Plus I've been preoccupied lately with much ordinary life stuff. I did secure the cover art to use on The Traffic in Women, so we're in business there. And did some preliminary designs for the fast on its heels Parapherna.