Sunday, February 12, 2006

ahh..the first day alone and to myself in a few weeks...not fair that it doesn't happen enough. I've been lamenting my lack of privacy in the world at large--how I'm never alone--not at work, not on the way to and from work, not in the city, ever--except when I'm home and usually not there either. I feel like I'm in the fishbowl sometimes, no privacy to even pull up my socks or cry, without eyes on me.

I spent the day working on a poem for the forms class--invented form this week--and I'm using the poem as footnote to itself or whatever--inspired by Jenny Boully's The Body. It was sort of snowing earlier, and I've been sitting here all afternoon into evening eating chocolate and leftover angelhair from two nights ago and trying to enjoy the slowness.

No comments: