Sunday, January 08, 2006

I have spent the last week or so poring over the fever almanac , putting the finishing touches before I have to send the final version to Ghost Road. In an effort to make sure that everything was exactly the way I wanted, and I wasn't missing anything that would make me groan later, I retyped every poem start to finish, which took me a while but resulted in fixing quite a few punctuation weaknesses and rhythmic things. It seems like this is such a final version..not merely a publication or a chapbook, which are more ephemeral somehow, but a book.....more definitive, final. I'm going to go through one more time reading the poems outloud, just to make sure before I send it.

Have had a blissful, quiet weekend at home..the whole two days of it for once...spent doing serious cleaning and organizing. My mind needs order and spareness, everything in its place and a place for everything.

No comments: