Sunday, September 11, 2005

In the mail yesterday was a copy of the Diagram/NMP winning chapbook, Rachel Moritz's The Winchester Monologues, which, to my delight is focused around the Winchester Puzzle House. As an avid watcher of way too many shows about haunted destinations on cable tv, I was somehow strangely delighted by this. I mean, how cool is that? I'm looking foward to delving in later this evening.

Last night's Around the Coyote reading at Subterranean was good fun. That, and a ridiculously pricey Bucktown rum & coke, cheered me up a bit after the huge clusterfuck of the preceding 24 hours in which I saw a crappy movie (The Exorcism of Emily Rose) in a theater full of packs of roaming adolescents, arrived home tired to find my Loyola student neighbors (a loud dude and two squealing giggly girls) in full swing, and then to discover my DSL wasn't working and to top it all off, I had to be up at work yesterday morning at nine, at which of course there were new hardly trained student workers and an unusual number of patrons pissing me off for a Saturday. grrr....

No comments: