Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Just learned that Simone Muench's "Drowning by the Light of Oranges" is featured over at Verse Daily today!!! And yes, it was in the lovely Wicked Alice print annual. My squeal of delight was not appreciated by my co-workers in the library, but I myself am tremendously excited by this news.Also good news on the website front. I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my angelfire accounts last night, procuring ad-free sites and domain names for dgp and myself (Wicked Alice is already free and clear). You may now reach dancing girl viawww.dancinggirlpress.com and my page via www.kristybowen.net. So now, we're much more professional and all...


And as per Brandi's tag

"List five songs that you are currently digging - it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions and the five songs (with artist) in your blog. Then tag five people to see what they're listening to."

And since it seems everyone I know in blogland has either done this already or would slowly eviscerate me for tagging them, I'm only going to hit-up my little sis all the way over on xanga for answers.

Five songs:

Tori Amos-"Sweet the Sting"
Damien Rice--"Volcano"
Low Millions--"Eleanor"
Cowboy Junkies--"Sweet Jane"
Counting Crows--"Holiday in Spain"

2 comments:

Jenny Hill said...

Congrats on the ad free sites, and on the Verse Daily!

RYC: Working on the tea bags today - finished the journal folder last night. Yay! I'll post photos when all are completed.

youki said...

Hey Kristy--

Thanks to you for putting together such a lovely journal. I wouldn't have known about VD either, except for my blogging friends. I feel truly blessed to live in a town with so many wonderful female poets, who are generous, supportive and cool to boot!

sm