Saturday, August 20, 2005

Feeling nostalgic for high school summers reading trashy novels...there were these, and these, and can't forget these...


I read alot of trashy horror novels pawned off on me by an aunt from about ages 12-18, when I started getting all snobby about books, but these particular authors were my favorites for years, and I'd polish them off in a day sometimes. Screw Harry Potter... back then we had violence and horror, sex with mildly incestuous undertones, and a whole lot of blood. What the hell is the world coming to? I think what drew me to these was they always had a strong young female character's point of view going for them, which was missing in stuff like Stephen King or Anne Rice or Dean Koontz...who even at 13 I recognized was awful.... And what's funny is that even after the late 80's early 90's, when I was devouring them, they continued to go on publishing..even now...(even the dead one)...

No comments: