Friday, April 08, 2005

I think I have sufficiently talked myself out of going to the art opening tonight, due to feeling particularly anti-social and pre-occupied with other things. Not to mention it's all the way out on the Blue line, and by tonight I'm likely going to be ready to go home and crash. I'm hoping to get over to the gallery at some point to see the show, perhaps next weekend when my parents are in town after the CPL reading. I think the least thing I need right now is art hob-knobbing and trying to make stilted conversation with strangers when I really need to be home writing since I'm a day behind in my poem a day vow. If I went, I'd likely drink too much wine to overcompensate for the introversion and wind up passing out on the ridiculously long and complicated trip back home.

No comments: